Sunday, February 26, 2012

14 hour day

Yesterday was a 14 hour day.

We started at 7 am....


First project - rip out the wall board behind the stove


That was my job - I had to use the dreaded circular saw which is NOT made for a woman's hands!

Next the cement wall board - Oh how I HATE that stuff!  And of course every wall had an outlet so lots of cuts - DUST EVERYWHERE.   I actually had to use part of our lunch break to dust our my office!  But now the walls are ready for tile.



That job took a total of 5 1/2 hours!  Much more than I antcipated!

Next on the list was building the forms for the countertops.  I thought that would be the hardest but it went rather smoothly - UNTIL we had to cut our the hole for the sink.  We have a BIG, cast iron sink which I want to keep.  It is HEAVY - which is why I like it. 




But our forms came out great!

And Troy's proudest moment

LEVEL!!!

I used several new tools today

Reciprocating saw - hate it
Jig saw - now that I could get in to
Router - Another tool I could get in to
Nail tap - tedious!

Well Troy just pulled up with the cement mixer - we PLACE (not pour silly girl) concrete today! 

Hopefully we will be done in time to watch the Daytona 500.

No comments:

Post a Comment