This weekend we took the weekend off and worked on another project.
A few weeks ago, I rescued a table from the trash man. (Well Troy did the actual rescue). I really only wanted the base.
When Troy bought the mahogony slab for the mantle, he picked up a piece of walnut for me. I didn't really know what to do with it at the time but once I got this base, I thought it would make a nice bistro table for the patio. We don't have anywhere to sit and eat or drink a cup or coffee or do some laptopping.
We started by ripping the board into planks to get as many peices as we could - there were knot and the it was rough sawn.
Some glue and screws and we had a tabletop!
Next was planing and sanding trying to get it flat and smooth. Easier said than done with just hand tools!
I painted the base to match the ceiling and the accent color on the storage dresser.
Next came two coats of poly.
My new table - complete with a hole for my laptop cord!!
My table's new home. Now I have to move the bench into the garage - it will be my new toolbox and then there will be room for the two brown chairs I picked up at a garage sale for two dollars. Next time I am at the fabric store, I'll be looking for a remnant to make cushions for the chairs.