Sunday, March 6, 2016

Well it is time for another project at the old homestead. Hard to believe I've been living here almost 4 years.  Just last week, Facebook kindly reminded me that three years ago we were doing our bedroom renovation.

Last spring, we replaced all the windows.  Had a professional installation.  I love our new windows.


We added the new shutters too.

So this year we decided to tackle the front porch.  It is in need of a makeover because

  1. it slopes towards the house instead of away
  2. it is UGLY!!! 
I've always hated the railing and the steps to nowhere never made any sense.

So the plan is to close that side of and square off the planter.  I kind of like planter.  We are going to tear up the terracotta-ish tile top on the porch.  It too is ugly.  We really aren't sure what is under that tile monstrosity.  I guess we will find out.   




We are going to pour a simple slab.  New railings, new front door, and maybe some Adirondack chairs.  

The railing?  That is still under debate.  Might come down to budget.

Option one - The budget friendly choice


Troy's choice - but I think it is a bit to fancy for our house and all those little inserts are pricey.


My choice - wider pickets and clean lines.  


No comments:

Post a Comment