Saturday, August 25, 2012

The End Is In Sight


Last weekend we pretty much got rained out but there was enough dry time for me to paint the porch ceiling.  I always wanted a blue ceiling and now I have one.  Not without some blood, sweat and tears - literally - bloody knuckles, it was hot as Hades and I got more than one splatter of paint in my eyes.




can you tell it is what we affectionately call a fopcorn ceiling - this is a G-rated blog after all.


On Friday evening it got a second coat.  Looks pretty good from this angle.
 
On Thursday on my way to work, I spotted a dresser out by the curb in the neighborhood.  I've been looking for a storage piece for the porch but wanted it CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!  So I called Troy and asked if he would take a look if it was still there when he came home for lunch.  Well it was and now she is mine!!!  No cost is a great price!  A little bit of paint and some new handles and viola!


I saw this makeover online and thought I'd do something similar with my new treasure.
 


This morning a quick coat of Bronze spray paint revitalized the little side table that got ruined in the last project.  The same color will probably be used for the door hinges


First screen went up at 11:34 am


Last screen went up at 1:40 pm 

The swing is back in his home. 

The grill has a new home.


And after some initial trepedation, Izzy is starting to feel at home in the new space too. - catnip helps. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment